[ST] Beware road debris

On my way to work yesterday, I hit a 4x4.  Thank God it was the lumber
variety not the SUV variety.  My own fault really, as I broke two rules: 1.
don't follow the car in front too closely, and 2. don't ride in the middle
of the lane.  So I got a nasty surpise when a 5 foot length of 4x4 suddenly
appeard in the middle of the lane in front of me.
As it was in the middle of the lane the cars in front didn't need to swerve
to avoid it.  As I was in the middle of the lane, and too close to the car
in front, I didn't have time to swerve so just braced myself for the impact.
It was lying across the road at an angle, so I half expected the bars to be
twisted out of my hands by the impact.  To my amazement, all I got was two
nasty jolts as the wheels went over it.  I didn't lose control or crash, and
my tires and rims weren't damaged (I inspected them carefully afterwards).

So I got lucky.  Just watch for that road debris everyone.

I didn't vote yet....Would I buy another Sprint?  Yup. In a hearbeat.  This
bike's given me the most fun I've had with my clothes on.  And only real
problem has been fuel sender.  That was replaced under warranty and has
worked well ever since.

Mort Harries
'00 ST
Haworth NJ