Re: [ST] switch templates

I installed the Triumph heated grips last year - been very happy with them.
I did not want to cut into the fairing in the spot Triumph reccomends.
Instead, I used the "alternate" mounting location as described on the
Triumph.net ST website.  Up on the cockpit fairing, to the left of the
speedo.  I used the supplied template and marked the cut out with a grease
pencil.  I cut the fairing with a Dremel rotary tool.  I intentionally left
the hole a bit small initially, and then opened it up little by little until
the switch fit snugly.  Also, I added a little black silicone sealer for
security.  To me, the switch looks like it belongs there and not on the
colored part of the fairing.

One note: Don't cut the hole too close to the speedo -- There is a post on
the back of the cockpit fairing that could get in the way.  I had to trim
some of the plastic off of the switch itself to get it to push in far enough
and lock in.  If had cut the hole another quarter inch more to the left I
wouldn't have had this problem.

Good luck!  Hope this helps.

John
'01 BRG ST