RE: [ST] rear brake changing question

Chris,

No, you don't have to remove the wheel, or loosen the chain to remove the
rear brake.   You'll have to take the calipers off to replace the pads, and
a couple of the bolts holding them on are awkward to get to, but it can be
done.  And once you have the bolts out, you have to wiggle things around a
bit to get the calipers off.  For my first set of rear brake pads, I watched
the mechanic at my dealer do it.  I did it myself the second time because I
saw how easy it was.

btw, my bike goes through rear brake pads every 4-5K miles.  My bikes at 13K
miles now, and I'm gonna have to put my 4th set on soon.  I know I don't use
the rear brake heavily, and the dealer insists there's nothing wrong with
it.  Anyone else getting the same type of wear from brear brake pads?
(Still got the original pads in front, and they've got life left in em)

Mort Harries
'00 ST
Haworth NJ