[ST] Lloyd's bike search, TOA parts, and my bike

Lloyd,

After a lot of thought, I have come to conclusion that I really
love my bike. There are issues, but that is the same with any
bike.

To that end, I have never riden a bike that has received as much
attention, been so ridable, and so far, very durable.

I did the 24k mile service at 22k miles, with only a single shim
needing to be replaced, with only the next size larger, of
course no shims where replaced at the 12k service. Beyond that,
just watch the service, when the previous front tire was mouted
the monkey tightened the axel bolt way too much, and I believe
it cause the forks to be slightly out of alignment. After the
new 207 went on, life was soooooo much better.

The only real nats I have, would be slight better/adjustable
suspension at both ends, and a better luggage integration to the
rear sub-frame.

Anyway, I have yet to ride another bike that I can put to 900+
mile days on it, and be ready for a third. YET, still have a
grin from ear to ear going through the twisties.

As far as TOA, well, as I dropped my bike off a Eurosport on
Friday, Martha had told me that TOA is doing a lot better at
parts. Unfortunately I am going to put them to the test, got
attacked by a rock on HWY 199, about 1/3 from Cresent City, CA
and Grants Pass, OR. The rock in question, bent the front rim,
and took out the left lower belly cowling and left front corner
of the oil pan. So far Progressive has stepped up to the plate,
with little hassle got the bike towed to Grants Pass, where a
passer by was nice enough to take me, and will cover the cost of
the rental truck to get me and the bike back to Dallas. The
adjuster will be visisting the bike today, hopefully the bike
will not get totalled. If it does, there will be a new Caspean
Green ST in my garage next spring.

So I guess that answers the question about what I would do if my
bike is to be replaced. About the only thing that would change
that is if I where to get about 50-100 mile test ride on a
FJR1300, and it proves to be MORE comfortable than the ST.

BTW, I did not hit the ground, but probably would have if I
went around the next corner, when I did come to a stop, the oil
was free flowing out of the bike, and the rear tire was completely
coated in oil.

Tom

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Lloyd Horton wrote:

> While I haven't yet introduced myself, I thought I would
> comment on the PIAA Platinum Super White bulbs. They are
> excellent and when measured, put out nearly twice as many
> footcandles (unit of measurement) as the OEM bulb on my Bandit.
> A very pure, white light.

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 18 months old, 25,100 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s (last count 1 day, 13 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500