Re: [ST] Lloyd's bike search, TOA parts, and my bike

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Matt Knowles wrote:

> Hey Tom, sorry to hear about your rock attack. Where are you
> and the bike now? Let me know if you need any help. I'm not
> that far away.

Basically, after I figured out that I was okay, the situation
was in hand, my next thought was, if I'm not riding, next
priority is to get me and the ST back to Dallas. Called up
U-Haul, that night, they where pretty useless actually. Next
morning call U-Haul again, still useless, luckily there where no
local U-Haul one way available, but Budget had a 10ft cube van.
Cheaper than U-Haul, and a better truck. Anyway, got to be at
5:30am the night of the accident, and was in a budget truck
leaving Grants Pass by 2pm the next day.

Overall, got hit by the rock around 9pm Tuesday night, and had
the bike at Eurosport Cycle in FW by 3pm on Friday.

Thanks for the offer, if I was better prepared and had your
number handy, I might have given you a call then, but called a
friend in the Bay area, and he helped me walk through my
options.

Progressive is going to pay for the cost of the rental, $520,
which is by far the cheapest option for then go get me and the
bike back to Dallas.

Hopefully next summer, I will take a bit more time to prepare. I
also have to relate my story about Triumph, Ducati and Yamaha of
Marin. That will come when I have more time and I get my pics
up. All I will say, is Kipp, the co-owner, is trying his best,
but Brian, the service manager, needs to learn a bit more about
business, and that even though Kipp might sign the pay check, it
is the customers who pay the bills.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 18 months old, 25,100 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 '01 Suzuki TL1000s (last count 1 day, 13 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500

End of st-digest V2002 #541