[ST] Rear brakes overheating

I too, have noticed my rear brakes becoming extremely
hot after a ride. I do NOT use them excessively or ride
with my foot on the pedal. The caliper gets so hot you
cannot touch it, and as it cools off it makes
a "thunking" noise, like metal contracting as it cools.
I will check the disc for warping as soon as I can
borrow a dial indicator, and will post the findings. I
have removed the caliper and cleaned the pistons, they
seem to extend and retract freely, so I'm reasonably
sure that is not my problem.
Any other thoughts are greatly appreciated.

- --
Chuck 99ST
Ride Safe and Often!