Re: [ST] RE: MORE ST QUESTIONS

> Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 15:59:54 +1000
> From: "Harry Asher" <harryasher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [ST] RE: MORE ST QUESTIONS
>
> HARRY A - SYDNEY -AUSTRALIA T/RED ST 02.
>
> G'day to all of you..  I've now been for a few longer
> rides and just lovvvved it. Gets better & better..

Welcome aboard.  They are nice arn't they?

> A few questions to my learned colleagues.
>
> Is there any long term solution to the front brake lever travel.
> ( also,  the f/b reservoir is not up to par with the rest of the bike,
> anybody replaced it - with what ??

Only a few people have taken drastic steps like replacing the mastercyl.
One posted up a change to a tasty looking Brembo unit.  I believe it's in
the FAQ, or mods part of the triumphnet page.  There are some who have
cleaned their caliper pistons and found this helped too.  I just try to not
use them :)

> What happened to the oil sight glass on the 02

Gone, thankfully.  Replaced by a dipstick.  Which I much rather prefer.

> Seems on most sites I blitz thru, not much mention of the 02,
> were there low production #'s due to the fire.

Nah, there just all out being riden, I think.

> Now done 3500 klm and want to change the oil before a 3000 klm rtn
> trip to Philip Isl Motogp. Synthetic or mineral ??? What's the vote,
> any bad experiences with synthetic this early in the engine life ??

On my '02 I ran the Triumph "break in" oil til about 700 miles, 600 is
recomended.  Since I have been using Golden Spectro, which is a semi-synth.
So I guess my vote would be, yes, both.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen

End of st-digest V2002 #550