[ST] rear brake pad job

Someone had asked for feedback on how my installation of the rear brake
pads went.  Was generally a pretty straightforward thing to do, but I did
opt to remove the rear wheel to make it a little easier since I had to
change the orientation of the silencer clamp and do a little cleaning
while I was in there.

But there must be a trick I don't have mastered for twisting the wheel in
and out of that space, even though I removed the metal bracket for the
right pannier when I took the silencer off.  Anyone got a good description
of this maneuver to save us from scratching up our rims?

Once the wheel is off, slacken the 2 brake pad guide pins but don't yet
remove.  Then take out the 2 caliper mounting bolts to displace the
caliper.  I found it not necessary to remove the chain gaurd nor the brake
line guide that runs atop the gaurd.

I turned the caliper into an upside down orientation, spread the pads
apart so there would be room for the increased thickness of the new
pads, pressed in on the bottoms of the pads to press 'em against the
anti-rattle spring to make removing the guide pins easier.  Remember to do
this pressing in when reinserting the pins.

I checked for sliding movement of the bracket as the manual says, rubber
boots were fine.  The guide pins were gunked up pretty good so I cleaned,
sanded, and applied some copperslip (hi-temp brake parts grease)to
'em before reinstallation.

Everything went back together as expected, except for turning out the
inside of one of the guide pins hex head.  Guessing I wasn't well seated
when I loosened it at first or when I went to torque it, so I'm in need of
a guide pin for the rear brake caliper if anyone can spare one from a
wreck.

I went with stock pads since local shop sold 'em for same as EBC.  The old
ones had one last little indication of one of the wear grooves you could
barely see, so timing was good.  Bike is at about 21k on those pads.  Grab
is good, but not bedded in yet so won't try locking rear just yet.

FWIW, HIH,

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail