[ST] BOOTS (help)

Its time to replace some VERY old riding boots. I have
been in the bike shops and seen some very comfortable,
probably very functional riding boots. There is one
problem with the said boots however, they are STUPID
looking. They have boy-racer virtually written on
them. I did find a set in all black but they were just
to distorted looking, as if seen in a funhouse mirror.

Im still old school here and would like to find a set
of normal bike boots. I have seen the Double H boots
(made by Carolina USA I think) Does anyone have any
experience with these. They look pretty decent and
feel comfortable, but.

Can your feet breathe......heat problems?

Are they, or can they be treated to be waterPROOF?

Any other vendors/manufacturers that sell a more
traditional yet functional riding boot?

The HD brand boots look good but are brutally
uncomfortable and made in some asian country (ironic
aint it?)

Also, Triumph Chevron rainsuit, good/bad/indifferent?
Im not putting my bike away this year.

Thanks for any help

Tony Burke
00 ST (red)