[ST] Sprint ST leads a pack of Ducatis at Phoenix Bikefest

I was just down in Phoenix for Moto-Euro's (a US based magazine for the
European motorcycle enthusiast, great mag: www.moto-euro.com). Ducati had
demo rides (as did Moto-Guzzi & Aprillia) and I sampled the 749s. I thought
I was going to love it and it looked so good standing there. I was however
unimpressed once I got to ride it. It jumped out of 2nd gear twice, made
little power below 6000rpm was hard on the wrists and literally roasted my
ass with the underseat exhaust. The 999 that was on my demo ride, broke down
and had to be trucked back. Great race bikes but for the street???

What was funny was the fact that they had a red Sprint ST (with Maine
plates) as the lead guide bike. I asked Robert Smith to take a couple for
shots for Torque. Should be a good laugh.

It was a decent event (especially since it was the first year) and the
vintage racing was great fun. Unfortunately, Triumph already had the show
truck booked elsewhere and were not offering demo rides, but hopefull next
year. There were lots of cool bikes. I was down there promoting our June 1 -
9, Western Canada in a Week trip that we're putting on with Triumph Canada
and Moto-Euro. Yes this is a plug, but Sprint fans should know before it
fills up. Triumph Canada will be bringing along some extra demo bikes and
we're going to be some of the first North Americans to spend some serious
time on the new Daytona 600. Also featured will be the new Speed 4 and
SpeedMaster. We'll even have one of Robert Smith's "classics" along for the
trip. Ride yours or use one of ours. 15% off for Triumph owners.

All the Best,

Mike Ciebien
Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Holidays
www.rockymtnmoto.com