[ST] Allstate Insurance

Just wanted to warn the group about a issue I had
recently with my insurance.  I had the hard pannier
put on my bike.  I picked the bike up on a Saturday
from the dealer.  That afternoon, the bike was knocked
over scratching the faring and my new bag.  On Monday
I notified the insurance agent that the accident had
occurred.  When the adjuster looked at the bike he
asked if the panniers came from the factory on the
bike.  Then he stated that I had not requested a
increase in coverage to cover the accessory.  Allstate
does not have a grace period on accessories for
motorcycles.  Even though Allstate was not open on
Saturday for me to call they still will not cover the
cost.  I was told that with motorcycles, they must be
informed ahead of the purchase.

So check your insurance policy for accessory coverage
and grace periods.

Ronnie
01 Blue ST
01 Black Vstar