[ST] T-sert, hard bags, horn

Someone was asking about a stripped thread on a brake
caliper and what could be done about it. Well I'd like
to report that my dealer put in a T-sert (spelling ?),
which is like a heli-coil but solid. This has fixed
the problems and saved me £400.00 for a new caliper.
They also replaced the stock horn with one I picked up
from Halfords (a Fiamm). The horn now sounds like a
car, but it is a lot louder. The standard horn just
isn't loud enough. The installation of the horn looks
very simple. All in all, for people looking for a good
dealer in London, I can thoroughly recommend Boyer
Racing in Plumstead.

On a sadder note, I just had everything stolen out of
my panniers while parked near Moorgate in the City of
London. I guess I was naive to think that they were at
all secure. I hadn't noticed before, but the pressed
steel locks connect into plastic connectors. These
were all broken off, by a very brazen thief -
according to witnesses. I am not going to have the
locks repaired - it seems pointless in London, sure am
going to miss my Arai RX7 though.

Regards

Tim

=====