[ST] Speedometer is sealed?

I have a little problem with my 'budget' Sprint ST.  I
bought it salvage (theft recovery) titled, and had it
'frankensteined' back together with Orange Pearl paint
and the PipeLine underseat exhaust.  Everything runs
beautifully now that I have had the proper map
installed, but there is one little thing that
Harding's Park Cycle (who is otherwise very competent
with Triumph, and I recommend) couldn't fix without me
spending a boatload of money.

The Speedometer in my bike doesn't work because the
needle is on the wrong side of the stop.  When
stoppped, the needle points to about six o'clock, well
below the stop.  As soon as the bike starts to move,
the needle runs to the stop (zero MPH), where it
obviously is pinned.  Harding's park told me that I
needed a new speedo (like $400!) from Triumph, but
here is my quandry.

I have seen other bikes (Japanese supersports) with
aftermarket guage faces, meaning that there is some
way to get there to install those.  All I need to do
is somehow unscrew(?) the speedometer glass and move
the needle to the other side of the stop.  Does anyone
know how to accomplish this?

Sincerely,
Not Mechanically inclined in Ohio