[ST] Re: maintenance ??s

<2.    Coolant flush/replace. >

Honda is very specific about using non-silicate antifreeze; it's
apparently enough of an abrasive / corrosive to do harm in the materials
they use. Honda's coolant and [i think] the Extended Life version of
Prestone is silicate-free. Somebody with a manual - double check this for
us.

<3.    Brake pads, I posted a Q about this before with the puls grab puls
grab puls grab (not felt in the
lever but in the brakes performance at low speeds) I replaced the pads
with white bros. pads and the
symptom decreased significantly but it exists on a much smaller scale. I
don't have a dial indicator but I
can't visibly see any warpage in the rotors, they look dead straight when
I spin the wheel. >

a dimensionally perfect rotor can still show the symptom; variation in the
microchemistry of the surface can cause differences in friction [mu to
you, too...]. i wonder if those 'brake rotor grinder pads' being hawked on
SpeedTV come in bike-friendly sizes? they would do a nice job of cleaning
the surface.

bp