Re: [ST] Standard Maintainance Question??

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 12:31:17PM -0400, Bil Swartz wrote:
> Think you got the tips on the coolant flush, especially getting some new
> crush washers.  If you do flush with tap water from a garden hose be sure
> to dump a couple of gallons of distilled water through to chase out the
> tap water...I just used the distilled water when doing a change myself.

Or instead of flushing with the hose, drain the coolant, fill with
distilled, go for a ride to get the bike up to operating temp, let the
bike cool, drain, fill with new stuff.

This is also good to do when changing types of coolant.

I just put Havoline dexcool (silicate and phosphate free) in the VFR.  I
use it on my VW with aluminum heads, though I'm sure VW and H*nda would
like me to buy their branded fluids for 3x as much.

Laters,
Brian
- --
Euless, TX