[ST] Gear Box

<Any thoughts>

A couple, besides what Bill said about oil, and if you're way past this, forgive me. Some aren't.

It's all a matter of RPM.  If for instance your shift at X mph drops the rpm from 4K to 3500, and the motor is actually turning 3525 or 3475 when the cogs engage, it will protest, because they WON'T engage, until they are turning the same speed. The syncros assist in this, but they aren't magic.  In my experience they do work a little better above 5K RPM.  Another suggestion is to use less clutch. Wet multi plate clutches work differently than car clutches and only need the tension to be taken off, not fully disengaged.  On downshift, learn to blip the throttle to match the RPM as above.
I 1)pre-load the shifter, 2)back the throttle, 3)put gentle pressure on the clutch lever (maybe 1-1 1/2")and the transmission pretty much shifts itself when the RPMS hit the "g" spot.
Coming down it's 1)clutch 2) blip 3) pressure on the gear lever.  Once again, it will shift itself.
Happy Shifting,

David
'99 ST