[ST] Re: loud pipes

<  (_never_ been passed by a Harley :-)   >

i was, once - in the consolation round at a Scrambles in my youth. i was
on a 200cc Cub Scrambler, got a 20 yard head start on the other [big]
bikes. it was the sixth lap of an eight lapper before the XLRTT Sportster
got around me. i gotta tell ya - the sound a straight-pipe racing Harley
revving through the gears is like a pipe organ to me.

OTOH, the Fat Boys with open pipes are a cacaphonous blat.

now, for a sweet sound, i used to run my '67 650 with TT pipes. the effect
for me? better than taking drugs.

my ST is stock can, and sounds just fine. and the neighbors don't mind. i
kinda like the stealth fighter mode better these days - rev softly, lean
far.

gotta go - 250 miles to Mena for lunch.

cheers
bp