Re: [ST] Tire question and Brief Ride Report

David R. Brant wrote:
> My rear tire is gone, total mileage just
> under 2200 miles.  It was a BTO57 Bridgestone. Needless to say I am very
> disappointed in my tire wear.

Rick, that's pretty poor wear for a BT57. I'd guess that your rear tire
pressure isn't as high as the recommended 42 PSI. Running lower
pressures, especially two-up, will dramatically shorten your rear tire
life. However, you could just have a really heavy throttle hand. Really
heavy.

Of course, I get 6K miles out of a rear Michelin Pilot Sport, which
seems on the high side of the longevity reports, so maybe I don't know
anything. :-)
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
San Jose, CA (USA)