RE: [ST] Is it fate?

It could be the sender and I would certainly check that.  However, it is
just as likely one of the o-rings on the quick disconnects of the fuel lines
or one of the fuel lines or connectors themselves.  Pull your gas tank and
carefully roll each o-ring out of its groove and inspect them.  You may find
that they are cracked or scarred from use or age.  I had to replace the
o-rings this summer on my '99 ST.  I also have the original fuel sender.
Doesn't leak and is accurate most of the time.

Dan Wallander
www.danwallander.com
Albuquerque, NM
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'74 BMW R90/6

Does this sound like the infamous fuel sender?  Perhaps just an old hose
leak?

- -John Hickman
Lexington, KY