From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of STeve
Duncan
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 2:46 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Planning Motorcycle Tour - What do I bring?

- ----Original Message Follows----
From: peter.chittum@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey all,

I'm hoping to put together a little week-long trek from San Jose, CA to Fall
City, WA (and back again) sometime in May/June.

I wanted to pick the collective brain of the group here, having never
ventured out on an over-night tour before. What are some of the more
essential pieces of equipment to bring?

Hi Peter,

I'll list a few items that will definitely help keep you more comfortable on
the road, and maybe save some hassles along the way.
This is not a comprehensive list by any means, just a few items I consider
essential.

Chap stick
Eye drops
Ibupropen (take before riding, deeps the blood flowing)
Honey-lemon drops or some such
Jerky (Turkey, Beef, Alligator, your choice)
Hydration system (camelback or other)
GOOD Maps (even with a GPS)
Sunscreen
Hat (Triumph ball cap works for me)
Bicycle shorts(best thing to wear under your riding gear)
Sunglasses

also carry:
Good flashlight
Extra batteries
Vise grips (2) small and med. size
Duct tape
Cable Ties
Torx Wrench & Allen Key for common sizes on bike
Extra fuses
Extra bulbs (taillight is a #57)
Tire repair kit
(The CO2 refills work OK, but you need at least 4 to get any air in the rear
tire)
Harbor Freight has small electric pump (Brian D. has one)

and don't forget:
Wear quality socks!
Stretch before riding
Drink plenty of water