Re: [ST] Tire Questions

On Friday, April 25, 2003, at 08:28 AM, Wick, James (J.N.) wrote:
> I'm looking for recommendations on a set of tires that will get some
> decent mileage. The bike is used mostly for Touring/Commuting. I live
> in SE Michigan, so there is not a lot of twisties here and I end up
> riding a good bit of super slab.

Michelin has a new sport touring tire out, called the "Pilot Road." Its
supposed to provide longer wear than their Sport tire, and improves
over the wet weather performance of the Macadams.

Other tires in the same category include Bridgestone's BT020, Dunlop's
D220. and Avon's Azaro ST (AV45 and AV46).

> Also, does anyone know of a standout mail order source? I'd love to
> buy at the local shop, but I can't afford to pay almost twice as much
> as I can get them for via mail order.

I used Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse for quite a few years and was
quite happy with them. <http://www.mawonline.com/> Now that I live so
close to Road Rider, though, I don't need to mailorder tires anymore.
- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
San Jose, CA (USA)