Re: [ST] OT: nj/or gas pumpers?

> Also, how much do these folks get paid, and I wonder how much
the gas
> companies in those states have to raise prices to pay for the
additional
> workers?

The minimum wage rate in Oregon is $6.90 per hour.  If you want
to read a synopsis of the law, go here:

http://www.toolkit.cch.com/pops/P98_05_4046_OR.asp

How much that affects the pump price is debatable.  If an
attendant pumps 1000 gallons /hr (an arbitrary number), his wage
would add less than 1 cent (.0069) to the price of a gallon of
gas.  Then you add other employer-paid expenses like fica (7.5%)
and workers comp. (the rates vary widely, based on the
record of the individual business).  Based on the above arbitraty
pumpage, is it fair to assume that the impact might be 1 - 1.5
cents per gallon?  I dunno.

Maybe we should move on to something different like tires.  I
installed my new Avon AV45/46's this week.  With ~75 miles
ridden, they already feel much better than the 'Stones ever did!
As soon as the frost melts, I'll be doing some more scrubbing.
- --
Ride safe,
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST