Re: [ST] Helmet cam

In your message regarding Re: [ST] Helmet cam dated Sun, 27 Apr 2003
09:04:15 -0400, Den mel said that ...

>Dm- Mike,
>Dm- Congrats on your purchase.I have mounted some cameras on bikes and I
>Dm- have a couple of questions. What is the format you are recording to? Is
>Dm- this a camera and recorder in one package? Or are they separate? And
>Dm- will the manufacturer have batteries and batt. accessories?

Hi Dennis

Separate packages.

The camera:-

A very compact colour CCD camera housed in a strong, black,
cylindrical aluminum housing. The camera is fully waterproof (IP67)
and can safely be used in covert positions outdoors and in. A
ball-jointed camera bracket is included.

Specification:

Element:	1/4 Toshiba CCD image sensor
No. of pixels:	512 x 582
Resolution:	330TV lines
Min illumination:	2lux, f2.0
Electronic shutter:	1/50 ~ 1/100,000sec
Lens:	3.6mm, f2.0
Power supply:	12Vdc, 130mA
Dimensions:	74 x 21.5mm

I have found another DC-DC voltage regulator which supposedly
regulates at 12V although when tested I was getting 12.5V from the
regulator but 12.9V was going in.  I may try the solution with a 12V
Zener diode in series.  Anyway I have hard-wired the regulator to the
end of a lead from an accessory socket plug.

Output in PAL (composite) format to my Sony Handycam TRV20E which
will act as a VCR and records on digital video tape.  I have a 540
minute battery for this so that should be plenty long enough ;-) I
should be able to take a line from the accessory port of my Autocomm
to the audio in so I can add commentary as well.  The regulator and
Handycam (VCR) will sit in my tank bag.

- --
Mike Bostock
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/