Re: [ST] Tire Questions - Avon Azaro AV45/46 ST

> Avon's Azaro ST (AV45 and AV46)
>
> I really like the look of those Avon's!  Has anybody run a set?

This morning I had ~75 miles on mine.  That was then.  Today we
had an incredible jaunt through the Cascade foothills and now
there are over 300 miles on the set.

Impressions:
Turn-in is very neutral and responsive.  They track well and
aren't affected much by pavement irregularities or damp spots.
Unlike the Bridgestones, they hold their line during trail
braking and they seem to come up to temperature nicely in cool
weather (I had low temperature grip problems with an 020 rear).
I haven't come close to finding the grip limits though I could
get the front end to run a bit wide if I didn't stay forward.
BUT, my riding position with Heli Bar adaptors and aftermarket
handlebars is very upright--about the same as the Tiger's.  I
will be raising the forks in the triple clamps 5 - 10mm to
compensate.  My Speed Triple riding friend rode my ST for a few
miles of twisties and was also impressed.

Previous tires on this bike:
* OE: BT57's - took them off at 620 miles (bike arrived before
the Dunlops)
* Dunlop D205's - a bit slow turning but very predictable - to 8k
miles
* BT020's - replaced the front with an 010 almost immediately -
pretty good except in v. cool temps - to 15k.
* and now Avon AV45/46

- --
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST