[ST] No, it's not fate.

I had the time this past weekend to take apart the ST to investigate my
fuel leak.  (If you remember my post last week, it had leaked 3/4 of a tank
over the winter without me noticing.)  My original fuel sender is still
intact, working, and not leaking!

What is leaking is one of the 14 or so 7mm hex-head bolts on the lower
right side of the tank.  These are the bolts that hold the brass-colored
plate on which the gas line fittings are mounted.  One bolt (on the top
row, near center) was weeping gas.  I tightened it some, but was afraid to
over tighten it into a plastic tank.  This slowed the rate by ~2/3, but did
not stop the leak.

Does anyone know what these bolts thread into inside the tank, and what
their rated torque should be?  Any suggested solutions I should try before
giving up and taking it to the dealer?  I'd like to avoid the $50/hour rate
if I can.

On a side note, it appears that my airbox made a cosy mouse nest for the
winter.  :-(

John Hickman
1999 ST
Lexington, KY