Re: [ST] No, it's not fate.(I had the same problem)

John,

I had the exact same problem on my 2000 ST a month after I brought it home new
from the dealer. The problem was the gasket. It's a thicker than usual rubber
gasket with brass spacers at each bolt to keep from over tightening and
distorting the plate itself.

My particular problem was that there were brass spacers missing from two of the
bolts. I seem to remember some others with the same problem.(seems as if
someone on the assembly line was asleep that day)The gasket was replaced under
warranty.

I would think you could pull the gasket out and check to see if it is a similar
problem. If it is it should be easy enough to put in a new one. You would have
to drain the tank and pull the whole fuel pump unit out. I've never done it so
I can't offer any advice but maybe someone else on the list has some tips for
that operation.

Steve Bergman

'01 Sprint ST