From: Albert Garvin
Subject: Re: [ST] Triumph Soft Luggage / luggage on rear rack

Stu,
  I had the soft Triumph luggage and found that I never took them off. After
a year they noticeably faded. Guess the black dosen't stand up to the sun so
well here in Cal. Also I used to carry a set of leathers in one of them and
they sagged pretty bad after a while. I just bought a set of hard bags off
ebay and I'm wondering why I didn't do this sooner. The soft bags came on my
bike when I bought it. One thing I did like about them is they had several
good places to hook bungie cords to  and you can put a lot of stuff in them.
Also with the new hard bags I can now fit my helment in one of them when I
park it.
Al