Re: [ST] ST Lowering

> I'm very interested in finding out how your dealer got the ST
in his
> showroom lowered.

Rear lowering can be accomplished by rotation of the eccentric
chain adjuster the 'wrong' way.  This raises the hub/axle assy in
the swingarm, lowering the rear of the bike.

In the front its a simple matter of raising the forks in the
triple clamps.

A warning though:  While I havent attempted this on the ST, I
lowered my Trophy and had problems bottoming out the belly pan.
If this occurs in a high-speed sweeper with a dip in the lane, it
will get your attention big time, as it tends to straighten up
the lean angle and can dramatically alter your line.

On the Trophy, there was also the issue of the chain rubbing on
the underside of the swingarm.

Based on the above, I'd hesitate to use this method.  There may
be 'lowering' rear suspension linkage bits or a shorter
(adjustable length?) shock available to lower the rear safely.

HTH,
- --
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST

"The man who trades freedom for security
does not deserve, nor will he receive,
either one."
- --Benjamin Franklin