RE: [ST] You probably don't need to know this...

I think, as has been mentioned a little silicone caulk should take care of
that, although you don't need to do the entier flange. I found that the
leaks were taking place close to the latches on top. The plastic weld tends
to be incomplete where the flange pushes in to accomodate the latch rivets.
Found this out because it would only leak if it got left outside and got
rained on. In transit it never seemed to leak. Use a flash light and you
should be able to find any offending leaky spots. Caulk 'em up and you
should be set!

And I agree with the POV that this is the kind of silly thing that I
shouldn't need to do when I buy $1000 dollar hard bags. I probably should
have just sent them back and asked them to fix them...then Triumph would
have had a record that there is, in fact, a leakage problem. This way, I
fixed it, but they don't know.

Peter Chittum
'01 BRG ST
San Jose, CA, USA