Re: [ST] Is there such a thing as Triumph break-in Oil?

Bryce,

The seller is correct; Triumph uses a special break-in oil
for the first 600 miles.  It is pure dino oil, not
synthetic, and is used to help get the rings seated quickly.
At the first service, 600 miles, that oil is replaced with
the pure synthetic oil.

Does the bike not have the sticker on the gas tank which in
indicates the proper break-in RPM ranges?  If not, I
recommend you call a dealer and ask, as you have to follow a
strict RPM limit program for the first 1000 miles.  I don't
remember the specifics, as I broke in my RS 3.5 years ago.
Someone else on the list may be able to help you out,
though.

- -Keith
'00 RS