[ST] High Side

On Wed, Thursday, August 07, 2003 2:28 AM, Brian wrote:

>I have not decided whether I will get sliders again.  I tend to think
>that even without them, my bike would have been totalled (high-side at
>about 20mph), but I'll never that for sure.

Not to bring up bad memories, but we all learn from mistakes - our own and
others. 20mph is slower than I would expect a high side occur.  Would you
care to elaborate on what happened, if you remember.  I'm still trying to
understand the physics of a highside so as to avoid one.  I think I may have
come close once, but it didn't happen so I'll never know if it would have
happened.  I guess the question is - If you think you're gonna highside, is
it avoidable if you do the right thing(s) to keep the rubber down?

I guess that's like asking how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie
roll center of a tootsie pop?  The world may never know.

- -Rich