RE: [ST] Tyre (tire?) pressures

CRAIG WROTE:
>Metzler recommends 2.50 BAR (36.25 psi) for the front and 2.90 BAR (42.5
>psi) for the rear for their M-1's on a Sprint.

Strange. I checked Michelin's website FAQ  about tire pressure and they say
QUOTE:

"Because a motorcycle's suspension, steering and chassis are designed to
work most effectively with the tires at a specified air pressure, you should
always follow the air pressure recommendations of the motorcycle
manufacturer. Never exceed a tire's maximum air pressure, which is listed on
the tire sidewall."

Hence my RS manual says 42 psi (REAR) and 36 psi (FRONT).  I ran those
pressures +/- 1 psi on the stock Bridgestone's and only got 7600 mi out of
them.  Same pressures for my Macadam and I've got about 9400 on my Macadam
100X's.  Should I presume the same for my Pilot Roads?  Regardless of what
the motorcycle mfr. manual says, what is the "best" method to determine the
"optimum" tire pressure.  Since each individual rider style is different,
suspension setup is different, etc., there must be a recipe to determine
what's best for me, no?

I kind of like the thread that mentioned the differential change between
cold and hot to determine what the correct cold pressure should be.  Is that
method optimal?

- -Rich