Re: Re[2]: [ST] Running problem with RS when hot

> On Thursday, August 14, 2003, 7:14:22 PM, Colt4530 wrote:
> > If the injectors were leaking, why did they replace the
> > T-bodies?

I don't know the specifics of this case but in general terms, its
considered 'parts changing' - not a complimentary term - as
opposed to 'diagnosis'.  The idea is you throw parts at the
problem until the problem goes away.  Do you think many shops
will remove the parts which didn't solve the problem?  Not
likely!  Sadly, in our world of increasingly (and at times,
unnecessarily) complex systems, this occurs a great deal more
than most folks realize.

An experienced technician with good diagnostic skills can often
go right to the problem.  But for every one WITH those skills,
AND the shop environment which encourages their use, there are
likely hundreds who use the other method...
- --
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST