[ST] Re: SW PA / Beer

Bil wrote:
> Where you going in PA?  Prolly headed into SW PA ourselves but open to
> suggestions.

If you find yourself in the Pittsburgh area, I'm glad to offer advise on finding Good Beer. Can't ride yet, but healing quickly it seems. Willing to part with some homebrew if you want to stop by the homestead in Murrsyville (east of Pgh on Rt 22). John Harvards (Monroeville) always has something on cask and they have a really good brewer. The Church Brew Works (converted churck) and Sharp Edge (killer Belgian selection) also have cask offerings.

I can offer some advice on roads in this area, but Eric Mitchell knows them way better than I do.

Suggestion: Rt 231 between 844/50 (near Avella, PA) sourth to Rt 40 in Claysville is very nice. Good surface, almost no traffic and lots and lots of turns. Probably the best twisty road I've been on in PA. 231 south of 40 doesn't have as nice a surface, but is worth doing to it's end at Rt 18. Just keep on your toes for dirty corners.

BTW, 250 from Wheeling to Farmington, WV is also very nice if you like twisties. The good stuff kinda ends around Hundred, WV. Watch for the occasional dirty corner (broken collarbone talking here). Rt 218 north (not bad) toward Waynesburg will get you to 18 north and then 231 north.

Garry