Re: Re: [ST] Re: SW PA / Beer

If I was going to Johnstown from Columbus, I'd consider heading through WV (250 south to 50 east to 219 north to Johnstown).

If you want to try the roads I previously mentioned (231), they get you to Avella, PA. From there, take 50 east to I79 at Bridgeville. I79 north to 279 to Pittsburgh (aka Parkway West) to Parkway East (aka 376) to Monroeville. John Harvards is in Monroeville on Rt. 22. They usually have 10 or 11 beers on tap (brewpub), plus one on cask. Decent food too.

The Edgewood/Swissvale exit off the Parkway East (just past the Squirrel Hill tunnel) has D's Six Packs and Dogs (in Regent Square, go left at exit). 6 or 7 good beers on tap, plus about 300 or so good imports/micros in the cooler and another 500 or so warm ones in the "Beer Cave". It's my usual Thursday night hangout.