Re: [ST] Replacing Brake Pads

> My specific questions are:
> 1.  To replace the pads, is it necessary to remove either wheel?

Nope.

> 2.  I've replaced pads, rotors and  brake hoses on cars and bled car
brakes.
>   Is the bike more or less difficult than a car?

Less, since you can do it yourself with a long reach.

> 3.  Any reason why I wouldn't be able to change the pads myself (assuming
> can turn a wrench and have reasonable amounts of common sense and basic
> automotive skills)?

Not a problem. I put new pads and a new Brembo master cylinder setup on my
RS the other night in about 30 minutes.

> 4.  The dealer quoted me 1.5 hours of labor for front and rear - is this
> reasonable (I think they're labor is $65/hr)?

I dunno. But it's a pretty easy job to do it yourself, especially since
you've done car brakes.

> 5.  Are there pads that are significantly better than stock or same
quality
> as stock and significantly cheaper?  If so what name and where to buy?

I use EBC and like them. Don't know about other brands.

> 6.  What's the minimum thickness for the front and rear rotors?

I don't know.