[ST] Killed my ST

Dead at 26,200 and something miles. I'll never know exactly how many miles
b/c the speedo/odo is totally destroyed.

Yep. Wednesday night. Everything in the front is pretty much gone except
for wheel, forks(though one is bent way back) caliper, etc. Gone are: all
the plastic: fr. fender, nose/front fairing/ RH fairing top/mid/bottom.
Strangest part is all the plastic broke into VERY SMALL pieces, like 5"x5"
maximum??. Instrument panel/guages: gone or all busted up. It was cold out
and maybey that made it brittle. I banged up my shoulder pretty bad but
that was it. No broken bones. I am very thankful. But my sweet Sprint ST is
toast I'm afraid.

How can I determine if there is frame damage?? I can not see any waves or
undulations in it but would it necessarily be visible?

Gravel from a construction new home site got me, that and my speed. I was
in 3rd gear. I'm not sure about my speed. Around 35 I guess. Whatever it
was when my shoulder hit the bank that I went flying directly into and
stopped me without one tumble it was a bad blow. I landed at the base of a
huge tree, probably 125 years old, under a equally old vine going up the
tree. My helmet hit the vine. The vine is the size of your lower leg. I
guess it gave some and broke my fall somewhat. I sure am glad my
helmet/head didn't hit 5 inches higher on the vine & clotheslined me. That
would have been disasterous. Lots of leaves there though, very soft.

Contributing factors: Darkness
Alcohol: no, two beers couple hours before
Speed: yes, if I would have been going slower I would not have crashed. I
guess you can usually say that.
Gravel: #1

I would appreciate suggestions on what to do with bike.
If the frame is okay could I turn it into a track bike with good forks &
cheap plastic like sharkskinz modified to fit or something.
Part it out?

No I didn't have insurance. I had let it lapse. But I had gone to the agent
2 times to get it going again. First time they said you must bring your
bike so we can photo it. Second time I brought the bike they said we are
too busy and don't have time to get to you today you'll have to come back.

Glad to be alive and have control of everything (phisiologically speaking),
John Petrey