RE: [ST] chain

The ST's owner's manual gives a measurement for chain slack that is to be
measured with the bike on the centerstand and the rear wheel hanging in the
air.  If you use the measurement for chain slack in the owner's manual, you
need to have the bike on the centerstand and your weight on the bike isn't
going to make any difference.  Ruth's V-Strom has a measurement taken with
the bike on the side-stand and no rider weight on the bike (no centerstand
comes standard on the V-Strom).  Other bikes have different methods of
measurement.

Dan Wallander
www.danwallander.com
VP-TSRA, IBA, AMA, ABC, HSTA