[ST] Brake pulsing

Ok, this is my third try posting this message. See if it goes through this
time

>>> Hey folks,
My mechanic and I are working on this but no luck yet. It's turning into a
bit of head scratcher.

When applying the front brake I'm getting a pulse or grab happening. The
timing of the pulse changes with speed, so pretty much sure it's wheel
related (pulse slows down as speed decreases). My first thought was .....
something on the rotors, but no they're clean.
Then I thought warped rotors. Mechanic checked them by mounting the wheel on
the bench and dialing them in. Yes slightly out (7thou. & 9 thou.) and so we
replaced them the other night along with the front axle which was also ever
so slightly out. Only had a quick ride to the store & back but ...... the
pulse is still there. A bit different in feel but still a pulse .......

I'm not sure if he actually measured the rim for true when he was doing the
rotors, so I think we should check that. Because otherwise I don't know what
could be causing it.

Any ideas?

By the way, lucky for me he had just picked up a written off ST, so I was
able to get the rotors & axle for less than the cost of a single rotor from
the shelf. And yes the rotors were good, he put them on his Speed Triple
wheel and dialed them in, only out by something like 1 or 2 thousandths.

And apologies to those snow bound list members, while it's a bit wet here,
still very rideable.

cheers,
jcm
'99 RS