Re: [ST] Blind Old Fart

In a previous email, Masiak, Richard stated:
> A blind snow bird hit an aluminum extension ladder that was in the road.

What was the ladder doing in the road in the first place? I hope that
the bastard that didn't secure his load falls off his new replacement
ladder.

> GOLLY they ought to make mandatory driving/eye exams to renew a DL after a
> person is over 60.  That's not discrimination, that's safety!

Actually that is discrimination. I would like to see mandatory road,
written, and eye exams for everybody, every four years. There are idiots
in every age group.

One of the underlying problems is the way that traffic laws are
enforced. People become complacent when they don't have to do things
safely. Cops are quick to give out tickets for not wearing a seat belt
(IMO a victimless crime) but not for cell phone talking (how distracting
is that). They nab the lone speeder on a deserted stretch of highway
(again victimless) before they bust the tail-gating semi or passenger
bus. You can drive, with impunity, well below the speed limit in the
left lane while vehicles pass you on the right and cross two lanes in
the 1/2 mile before your exit but don't you dare go through a red light
at 4am when there are no other cars around and you have made a complete
stop.

</soapbox>

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Football is a mistake. It combines the two worst elements of American
life. Violence and committee meetings."
            -- George Will