Re: [ST] Loud "fuel pumps"

> I've experienced the same "honking" sound from the
> fuel pump on my 00 RS for the past three months.
> When it was only pressurizing the system after "key
> on", I wasn't too concerned.  Now I'm freaking a little
> when the system continues to hum for a 20-30 mile trip.
>
> Any answers out there, guys?

On my ST, the noise comes from the fuel pressure regulator.  It is
definately temperature related and has been that way since new, about
25k miles.  When I worked at the dealership, we replaced a number of
regulators under warranty without any measurable success.  I'm not
sure if a factory fix has been developed since then.  I just ignore
it.
- --
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST