Re: [ST] Need parts

I'm all in favor of budget solutions.  Having said that, I really like
the adjustability of the shifter I linked.  The downside of the
factory direct shifter [ala Daytona, S3] is the effect of the large
splines on adjustments.  Maybe I'm not so adaptable in my olde age but
once you attain that 'just right' setting, its hard to go back.
- --
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST
still looking for lower footpegs

Dave Bardell wrote:
> And the cheap and dirty method from someone who is still
unemployed!!

> I made a shifter from a shift lever for a Honda CB 350.  Shaft
splines
> are the same and with some judicious cutting and welding and a short
> piece of metal, I fashioned a short, reversed shift lever similar to
the
> Daytona's.  It's been working great for the last several months and
the
> only drawback that I have noticed is the shift throw is so short
that it
> is slightly harder to find neutral at a stop.

End of st-digest V2002 #1426