[ST] ama

I can think of a whole lot of reasons NOT to belong to AMA, starting with the different and organizations that the AMA has
tried to rip off and have paid out a lot of money for the lawsuits they have lost for their efforts. I'm not going to contribute to
their larceny. When they get out of the racing business that they have never successfully handled, except for the Harley
benefit stuff, by making sure that Harley is the only marque that has a chance of winning, then I might consider rejoiniing. As
it is now, most of your membership dues are being wasted on these other efforts.
This forum does not lend itself to the length of complaints I have with the AMA
Bare

I agree!  IMHO, everyone who rides should be an AMA member.

- - -Keith
'00 RS

On Friday, January 31, 2003, 9:18:15 AM, Bailey, Doug wrote:

> I heard there are an estimated 6 million motorcyclist in the US and the AMA
> represents just over 250,000.  Join the AMA.  They may be the only thing
> keeping you from stupid laws like the New Mexico bill.  Imagine how powerful
> a lobby group they could be if they had only 1/6th of the US motorcyclist in
> their membership rather than 1/24th.  Join the AMA!!!

> Doug Bailey "Hound Dawg"

End of st-digest V2002 #789