[ST] RE: What's the best rear shock?

> Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 07:54:36 -0600
> From: Lex Offer <reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I'm about to upgrade my front forks with the Racetech Springs
> and emulators.  Already bought and in hands.  So now I'm
> starting to save and think about the rear shock.  I've been
> looking at Penske and Ohlins.  I'm not worried about cost
> factor, what I want is reliability and performance.  So which
> shocks do ya'll use and like, Penske or Ohlins or maybe even
> some shock I haven't mentioned.

Lex,

I use Ohlins - though I'm convinced that there's little if anything to
choose from between the premium quality shocks. Furthermore, a
back-to-back test is not available to most of us.

One thing to note is that the Ohlins (at least the one I have) has no
length adjustment, which I would have liked for more tweakability. It
can also be serviced, but then I would guess that you can service a
Penske too.

Perhaps it comes down to something as important as the colour of the
spring?

Regards,
- --
BRG