[ST] cleveland moto show thoughts

The list of local motorcyclists have been exchanging
their thoughts and impressions concerning the Cycle
World Motorcycle show that was in Cleveland this past
weekend.

This is the same show that has made its way across the
US and maybe even parts of Canada (?) and maybe
outside of North America (again - ?).

This list has seemed pretty slow latelt, so here's my
thoughts. I figured other liSTers who had seen the
show in other cities might want to comment?  I am
somewhat curious if we're divided as a group on some
of the new offerings.

The TOA staff:
    My non-Triumph riding friend and I had a somewhat
lengthy discussion with one of the staffers at the
display.  Very nice person and was willing/able to
offer information about the bikes and not bash my
Yamaha R1 riding buddy.  Well, he did a little, but it
was all in fun.
    I have never had to deal with Triumph directly,
but if I ever do, I hope this will be the type of
person I get to deal with.

Sprint ST:
    I like the new Silver color, the one with the 3bag
setup at the show was wonderful to look at.  It
slipped my mind to ask, and I dont think I knew ahead
of time, but is there a color going away or is Triumph
going to offer 4 colors on the Sprint?

Daytona 600:
    I liked it - opposite of what a lot of the people
think, at least people around my area.  The bike in
Cleveland was silver, not the yellow one that someone
had posted links to here a while back (from the Denver
show?).  Many consider the styling to be 'oragami'
styling like many of the Japanese bikes.  I am still
trying to figure out if most of those who dislike the
bike are people who simply dislike the style, or
dislike that Triumph is jumpling on the proverbial
bandwagon.  I think that if T is going to thrive, then
they must appeal to the masses.  Apparently, by
looking at the sales of bikes from Japan, the masses
like that style.
    The previous mentioned TOA staffer talking to us
said he had ridden the bike when it still had
pre-production fibre glass body work (which he said
was heavier) and it was a dream to ride through
corners.  I've been wanting a smaller bike for short
trips and twisty roads, maybe I've found it - wish I
could afford a second bike.  Idunno, the first demo
will tell for sure.

T-bird sport:
    New color was nice.  I never was a huge fan of
this model, but it was definately not hard on the
eyes.

Rumored 2.2 bike:
    When asked about this bike, the TOA staffer gave
me an obviously fake puzzled look and said, "Which
bike would that be?"  After a brief description from
me, he said, "I can neither confirm nor deny the
existance of that bike."  Which answered one of my
questions (it actually exists), but not the follow ups
I wanted to ask (wtf is it exactly? and, if it's the
mongo-cruiser, why?).

I was going to ramble here about other makes and
models, but decided against it as it's time to leave
work and I could go on forever about my likes and
dislikes about them.

46 days until Spring, at least
calendat-wise...probably 2 or 3 more weeks and I'll be
riding!!!  Ohio sucks in the winter.