[ST] Battery Life

I finally had a nice day to go for a ride this weekend, but my RS wouldn't
start.  The battery was dead.  It was so dead, I could jump start it, but
it would die as soon as the jumper cables were disconnected.  Voltage was
3.4.  As best as I can remember, it had not been started in 6 weeks.

Is this normal?  I'm not accustomed to my other bikes' batteries dieing
this quickly, but this one is the first with a PCM.  After 30 hoirs on a
1/2 amp trickle charger the voltage was 13 and it weakly started the bike.
I didn't check running voltage because the kids were going to bed.

John
'02 RS
Chattanooga

http://mail2web.com/ .