Re: [ST] AMA, what I don't like

original message:

>I've written the past AMA President about how you
>can increase the number by being more affordable but got a curtsey reply
>back that it's worth it. It may be worth it but unless you unlock the door
>to more members your not delivering all you can.
>
>Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
>972-952-5065
>"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

Well, by golly Jack, you make an excellent point!!! (as you usually do)

Cost of membership certainly is a consideration.  The 39 or 49 bucks a year
I pay seems not a lot, but for many (young, intro riders, and those on a
fixed income, or just tryin' to "make it") it could be seen as too steep.
Maybe the AMA should consider another level of membership, say, "AMA
supporter" without the monthly mag, that's 10 bucks a year according to the
AMA's own numbers, and possibly they could drop off other "benefits" and
come up with membership dues more in the 10-20 dollar range.

Sounds good to me.  We need "numbers" in the AMA, not necessarily dollars
right about now.  I know you are a member, let's e-mail the "brass" and see
if this is a viable option. Other AMA members, please join in!!!!

Folks, the AMA is a flawed organization, I will be the first to grant that.
Hell, I'm the LAST guy you would expect to be the "joiner" type, ask around.
  But this, to me is an important issue.  Our freedom to ride the way we
choose is at stake.

Let us all come together, for once, under one flag, and show the
bureaucrats, and safety-nazis that we are one and stand together!  Cruzers,
Stunters, LD riders, Sport-Tourers, Dirt-Riders, Duel Sports, and everything
in between, we are really one, MOTORCYCLISTS!!!

They cannot ignore 6 million of us if we, for once, band together.

Steve Duncan
crusader, of late