[ST] One reason the AMA is 'worth it'

The forwarded portion is from another MC list.

I find the $40/yr to be reasonable.  There is tons of
info made available to motorcyclists by the AMA, this
is something that money pays for - it costs money to
collect, maintain and store data.

I rationalize it this way:  If $40/yr helps keep my
rights to ride what/when/where/how I want (granted,
within reason), it's worth it.  I cannot assign a
dollar amount to my rights and would refuse to do so
if you asked me to.  My rights, and yours for that
matter, are invaluable to me...therefore, I think $40
is one hell of a bargain.

I do think a cheaper membership alternative should be
made available - perhaps a 'no magazine' style that
was mentioned before, or maybe even a discount for
students, give a veterans discount, retired persons
discounts, the list goes on.

Below is just one example for those who may not see
what the AMA does for us on the political front.
Lobbying officials on our behalf is also far from a
no-charge service too.