[ST] Tire choice

Also, any recommendations for tires that hold up well to a lot of
two up and loaded touring miles would be appreciated. The stock BT-57s
are pretty well squared off at 6500 miles (I just bought the bike) and
am considering ME-Z4s or Dunlop D220s.
Thanks,

Eric
Corvallis OR

- ------------------

Eric,

I am on my second set of Dunlop D220's on my Trophy 12 (well 1 1/2 sets
really, cause I picked up a nail in the rear after only about 5000
miles) .  Yeah I know it's not a Sprint ST, but I have been monitoring
the ST digest because I'm considering trading my Trophy for an ST.

The D220's are far and away a much better tire than the BT-57's that
also came as stock on my Trophy.  Much better grip on dry and wet roads.
You can take them to the tires edge and still feel confident, even when
riding two up.  I live and ride in the mountains of East Tennessee and
Western North Carolina (i.e. The Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway) and
expect the very best from my tires, especially is my wife is riding
pillion!!  Even more so when riding with my fast friends on any of our
mountain roads.

I like the D220's so much more than the BT-57's that I will have a pair
installed on my new Sprint ST before it rolls off the showroom floor.
YMMV

Regards,
Richard
Maryville, TN  USA
'01 Trophy 12
'98 T-Bird

See you somewhere down a twisty road........

Richard C.
T for Tennessee, Twisty Roads & Triumph Motorcycles