Re: [ST] Running without oil

I pretty much agree with Charlie.  The damage would be to the rod and
main bearings and to the cam lobes.  I would politely and firmly talk to
the dealer's service manager and get in writing an agreement to repair
all damage caused by oil starvation for a period of 1(?) year or 5000(?)
miles, assuming another starvation incident doesn't occur.  I would
accept a handwritten commitment from the dealership on the repair order
for your alternator (to remind you of the date and circumstances).  Be
sure to have it witnessed by somebody (shop owner?) and dated by the
signees.

The synthetic oil is great protection in such situations.  I'd be
watchful, but wouldn't worry.

Charlie McCullough wrote:

> Would be surprised that any damage done for the (apparently) short
> amount of time you describe. Wouldn't sweat it........
>
> Charlie McCullough

- --
John
'02 RS